Unwanted elements can compromise an otherwise eye-catching photo. This tutorial you show two quick and easy ways in PaintShop Pro to remove distractions or undesirable objects from otherwise clear skies, water, or other backgrounds.
You will learn how to:
- Use the Object Remover tool to remove an object from an image.
- Use the Smart Carver tool to cut out a section of an image.
The Object Remover tool is a quick and easy way to remove distractions or undesirable objects from otherwise clear skies, water or other uniform areas.
In this example, we will remove the seagull from the sky in this photo.
1. First, open the image in PaintShop Pro and make sure that you are in the Edit Workspace
2. Next, click on the arrow beside the Clone
tool to expand the menu.
3. Select the Object Remover tool.
4. Drag around area you want to remove
5. On the Tool Options
palette, click the Source mode button.
Position the rectangle over a sample area that will replace the unwanted part.
6. Next, click Apply
7. Right-click to de-select the area.
It's just that easy to remove
a distraction or unwanted portion of an image using the Object Remover
tool in Corel PaintShop Pro.
Another method of removing objects
in PaintShop Pro is with the Smart Carver
In this example, we will remove one of the trees and the balloons from this image because they're distracting and we want the focus to be on the bride rather than the background.
1. To do this, go to the Image
menu and click on Smart Carver
If you're using this tool for the first time you may have a Corel Guide pop up screen which explains the purpose of the tool. Simply close this window to continue.
2. Select the Remove
brush, set the brush size and brush over the area you wish to remove.
3. Next, select the Preserve
brush and paint around the areas you want to remain intact.
4. You don't have to cover the entire image with the preservation brush, just outline the objects
you want to keep safe from alteration.
5. Click the Auto-contract Horizontally
button and then click OK
Now the image is perfect and nobody will ever know that there were distractions there in the first place.
If you have enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to check out the other tutorials that are available in the Discovery Center. If you have any ideas for tutorials or projects that you would like to see in the future, please leave us some Feedback.
__ Body __s removing unwanted objects.zip</div>