Thick Paint brushes offer a natural-media experience with the look and feel of thick paint and traditional impasto.
To improve the performance of Thick Paint brushes, try the following:
1. In the toolbox, click the Grabber tool . Click the High Quality Display button on the property bar to disable it.
2. If the Navigator panel is displayed, hide it by clicking Window > Navigator or Cmd+7 (macOS) or Ctrl + 7 (Windows).
3. Use thick paint without ambient lighting. Click Canvas > Surface Lighting, and disable the Ambient Light option.
4. Increase the spacing between the droplets of paint. Select a Thick Paint brush variant. Click the Show or hide the Thick Paint – Media panel button on the extended property bar. Adjust the Spacing slider. Higher values result in improved brush performance.
5. Decrease the brush density. Select a Thick Paint brush variant. Click the Show or hide the Thick Paint – Brush panel button on the extended property bar. Move the Brush Density slider to the left by very small amounts (for example, decrease the value by 2%) to reduce the number of bristles in the brush.
Learn more about Thick Paint in the Corel Painter Help.