This tutorial will walk you through the steps of using WordPerfect to add Bates Numbers to your documents.
- For a single document, open the file, then select Tools / Legal Tools / Bates Numbering
- Since ‘Current Document’ is already selected, continue by clicking ‘Next’
- Make choices for your Bates number by selecting position, font, prefix / suffix and more
To number an entire folder, start Bates Numbering and
- Select ‘Folder Collection’
- Browse to the folder you want to number
- Order the files (move-up or down), remove any that are not needed
- Select ‘Next’ to set your formatting options of position, fonts and more
- Select ‘Next’ to define the output options
- When your output folder and naming convention is complete, select ‘Finish’ to complete the Bates Numbering task.
To remove Bates Numbering from a document
- Open the document in WordPerfect
- Select Tools / Legal tools / Remove Bates Numbering
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.