Rotating and Mirroring ImagesJesse
Sometimes your best images are facing the wrong way, or taken at a sideways angle. In this tutorial, you will learn how to mirror an image in PaintShop Pro, and rotate an image that was taken on an angle.
You will learn how to:
- Use the Flip tool to mirror objects in images.
- Rotate entire images.
Welcome to this tutorial on mirroring and rotating images in Corel PaintShop Pro.
Have you ever found the perfect image for your website or project, if only the subject was flipped the other way, the way it would appear in a mirror?
Luckily PaintShop Pro makes it easy to mirror and rotate images.
In this first example, I have an image that I want to use as a Facebook cover photo. It’s a beautiful image but unfortunately, my profile picture will cover the bicycle. So I’m going to mirror the picture so the bicycle appears on the right side instead of the left.
1. Open your image in PaintShop Pro and make sure that the Edit workspace is active.
2. To mirror the image, from the Image menu, select Flip Horizontal. Alternatively you can use the key combination Ctrl and the letter M on your keyboard.
3. Next, from the File menu, select Save As and give the image a new name.
Now the image fits perfectly.
In this next example, I’m going to take this photograph and use it as a profile picture. The problem is, the picture was taken with the camera held sideways, so it will need to be rotated left.
1. To rotate an image 90 degrees, simply click the Rotate Right or Rotate Left button at the top of the screen.
2. Click the Save button and now the image is ready to be uploaded.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.