Tagging People and Sharing PhotosJesse
This tutorial gives an overview of the people tagging feature in PaintShop Pro’s Manage Workspace. Tagging the people in your photos is a quick and easy way to keep your photo library organized and can save a lot of time when uploading photos to social networking sites.
You will learn how to:
- Use the Find People face recognition feature (to group and name people in multiple photos).
- Tag people in your photos manually.
- Connect your people tags to Facebook accounts.
People tagging lets you identify the people in your photos making it easier to find and share photos of family and friends. You can use Paintshop Pro’s find people face recognition feature to help you group and name people in multiple photos.
You can also tag people manually. With the manual tagging option you’re not just limited to faces. You can also tag other part of the photo for identification purposes.
If you post photos to Facebook or Flicker, PaintShop Pro’s people tagging can save you some time. Simply import your Facebook and Flicker friends list and link a friend’s profile to the corresponding name in your People’s list. The result, when you post your photos online, your friends are notified automatically. No need to tag people twice.
To tag photo manually:
1. Choose a photo in Manage workspace
2. In Info palette, select People tab
3. Click Tag Person button. A square appears on your photo
4. Click Who is this?
5. In the first tab, name your person. If you want, you can then link this to any of your Facebook or Flicker friends listed on the other tabs.
As we discussed, now Jeff will be notified when I upload the photo to Facebook or Flicker
5. Click Save or Enter to place the tag
Let’s try using the Find people Feature to help us find a people in a group of photos.
1. In a folder that has multiple photos of the same people, use the Find people button on the organizer.
2.Choose Scan current folder.
If you like, you can read the always helpful Getting Started window but let’s instead go through this together.
3. In the upper right corner, choose Thumbnail mode. This will make it easier to label your groups. Here you can see all the groups.
4. Enter a person’s name to identify that person and all the photos in the group will be tagged at once. After each entry, hit enter. These new names are also added to the People list in the Navigation palette.
5. To create a new list, simply right-click the photo and choose Move to New person. I will type Billy and again, click Enter.
As before, the photo is added to the People list in the Navigation palette. To make it easier, you can select all the Thumbnails of Billy, right-click on one of them and choose Move Person } Billy.
6. Continue to tag until all the people in your photo are identified.
All people are now accessible in Navigation palette.
7. After you’ve linked your photos to your social accounts, you can now share your photos online.
8. Select the photos you want to share and click the Share button in the Organizer. Then post the photos to one or more accounts.
This tutorial has just provided an overview of the new People features in PaintShop Pro. It is now easy to identify, organize and share photos of your friends and family. If you need more information, be sure to check out the PaintShop Pro Help Files.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.