Using the Selection Toolsgilliandarby
This in-depth video tutorial will give you a look at the selection tools in PaintShop Pro: what are the different types of selection tools, what are the different options and modes available for each selection tool, and how to use them.
The different selection tools we’ll cover in this tutorial include:
- Selection Tool: lets you create a selection of a specific shape, such as a rectangle, square, ellipse, circle, or star.
- Auto-selection Tool: lets you create a smart selection by enclosing an image area in a rectangle that automatically snaps to the edges it detects.
- Smart Selection Brush: lets you create a selection by brushing over a sample area. The selection expands automatically to the edges based on the information that is sampled by the brush.
- Freehand Selection Tool: lets you create a selection around the edges of an object, such as petals of a flower or fingers on a hand, using 4 different types of selection (Edge Seeker, Freehand, Point to Point or Smart Edge).
- Magic Wand: lets you make a selection based on the color, hue, brightness, or opacity of an object. This tool is designed to select an area that has distinctly different pixels than those in other areas of an image — for example, a pink rose surrounded by green leaves, or a dark area in an otherwise bright image.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.