You can adjust Corel Painter to match your stroke strength for a specific brush variant by using the Brush Calibration controls. For example, you could use a light touch when sketching with a pencil brush variant, but set more pressure when using an oil paint brush variant. Corel Painter saves the brush calibration settings with the brush variant. Note that if you set Brush Calibration for a specific brush in addition to general Brush Tracking preferences, the Brush Calibration settings override the Brush Tracking preferences.
To set brush calibration
1. In the toolbox, click the Brush tool .
2. In the Brush Selector panel (Window > Brush Selector Panel), click a brush category then click a brush variant.
3. Choose Window > Brush Control Panels > Brush Calibration.
4. Enable the Enable Brush Calibration check box.
5. Click the Set brush calibration settings button .
6. Drag in the scratch pad by using a “normal” stroke.
Use the pressure and speed you prefer when drawing or painting. This allows Painter to calculate the appropriate speed and pressure settings for the brush.
Learn more about brush tracking and calibration in the Corel Painter Help.