Paragraph spacing plays an important role in document design and layout. You can change the spacing before and after paragraphs.
To adjust the spacing between paragraphs
- Using the Text tool , select the paragraphs you want.
- In the Text properties docker (Text > Text properties), click the Paragraph button to display the paragraph-related options.
- Type a value in one of the following boxes:
- Before paragraph spacing — lets you specify the amount of space to insert above the paragraph text
- After paragraph spacing — lets you specify the amount of space to insert below the paragraph text
Tip: To change the unit of measurement, choose an option from the Vertical spacing units list box:
- % of Char height — lets you use a percentage value that is relative to the character height
- Points — lets you use points
- % of Pt.size — lets you use a percentage value that is relative to the character point size
Note that if a paragraph is positioned at the top or bottom of a text frame, the spacing does not apply to the space between the paragraph text and the frame.
Learn more about formatting text in the CorelDRAW Help.