This collection of webinars will take you through painting techniques and in-depth tours of features to help you master Painter.
Image by Skip Allen
Fast and Loose Caricature with Rhoda Draws
Join California’s original digital caricature artist Rhoda Draws and learn how to create an expressive and experimental caricature in Painter 2020.
A couple of lucky attendees will have their caricature painted! Be sure to have a photo on hand in case you are selected.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered.
- Mixed media techniques: traditional strokes plus special F/X
- The need for speed: custom palette to minimize key strokes
- Taking advantage of photos for studio work
- Tips for working live at events
Date: Thursday January 30, 2020
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST
Creating a Movie Poster in Painter 2020
Our NEW Painter Master Michelle Webb will guide you through the process of creating a promotional movie poster from concept to finished design.
What you will learn:
- How to use thumbnails to brainstorm ideas
- Preparing the composition to ensure text won’t interfere with the illustration
- Working through roughs for values and color palettes
- Using layer blend modes to add light and shade
- How to add text to your poster
- How to use thick paint and papers to add texture to an illustration
Date: Thursday February 27, 2020
Time: 5:00 – 6:00 PM EST
Michelle’s shortcuts palette that will be shown in webinar can be downloaded for free from her store at https://cubebrush.co/lionart.
Michelle is a freelance artist/illustrator from Australia. In her spare time she works on personal pieces for art shows and awards. Learn more about Michelle www.lionart.studio
In this webinar, Painter Master Elite Don Seegmiller teaches you how to combine Painter’s textures with brushwork to create a captivating creature portrait.