Create a DIY Photo Ornament
In this tutorial we’ll show you how to make a DIY Photo Ornament which will be perfect for Christmas tree decoration during the holiday season. Or perhaps a great gift for family and friends.
How to Create a DIY Photo Ornament in 4 Easy Steps
There are 4 basic steps to this project. Watch the video to see how it’s done and follow along with the detailed instructions below.
Assemble your materials
You will need the following materials for this project:
- Clear glass(or plastic) ornament balls
- Paper Glue
- Your images printed on regular paper
- Optional: Double-sided tape, Salt
Cut out the image
- Before cutting out the image, first use a pencil to draw a small rectangular tab at the top. This tab will be inside the opening of the ornament once the image is inserted and keep the image upright.
- Cut out the image and tab with scissors
- Use glue or double-sided tape to adhere the 2 mirror images together.
- Trim the paper carefully to cut out the excess parts
Assemble the photo ornament
- Use a small piece of paper to make a simple funnel. It would be easier to pour the salt into the ball through a funnel.
- Use a spoon to add the salt to create the ‘snow’.
- Gently roll the photo and slip it into the ornament. Place it in position.
- Put the cap back on.
For more details on how to resize images and remove image backgrounds in PaintShop Pro, we have selected the following tutorials for you.
Your Guide to Photo Background Change
This tutorial will teach you how to remove the background from an image or photograph. If you want to get rid of a white background, it’s easy with the background eraser tool!