Docking palettes in a palette drawer
Palette drawers float in the workspace. Docking attaches the palettes in a palette drawer to the vertical edge of the application window. You can dock palettes to the left or right edge of the application window.
To dock palettes in a palette drawer
1. Before you dock the palettes in a palette drawer, save your arrangement of palettes as a custom layout so you can return to it at any time.
2. Choose the palette drawer that you want to dock.
3. Click the Palette Drawer toggle button on the palette header bar, and disable Palette drawer.
4. Grab the header bar and drag the entire group of palettes towards the vertical edge of the application window. Ensure the cursor goes all the way to the edge of the application window.
5. When a blue highlight appears, release the mouse button or lift the stylus. The palettes snap into place.
6. Once you have docked the drawers that you want, save your layout.
- You can undock the palettes, but only one at a time.
- You can quickly return to the arrangement of palettes that you saved in step 1 by choosing Window > Layout > [Layout name], where Layout name is the name of your custom layout.