Thick Paint brushes work on special Thick Paint layers. You can experiment with the Thick Paint layer settings to control the appearance of thick paint on the layer.
Once you are satisfied with the appearance of the brushstrokes, you can set the amount as a Thick Paint layer preference and use it as the new default in your image.
To adjust the thickness of a Thick Paint layer
- In the Brush Selector panel (Window > Brush Selector), select a Thick Paint brush variant.
- Paint in the document window.
- In the Layers panel, double-click the Thick Paint layer that you want to modify.
- In the Thick Paint Layer Attributes dialog box, move the Amount slider to increase or decrease the height of the brushstrokes.
To set the default thickness of Thick Paint layers
- Choose Corel Painter 2018 menu > Preferences > Thick Paint layer (macOS) or Edit > Preferences > Thick Paint layer (Windows).
- Adjust the Default amount slider to use the value that produces brushstrokes that you like.
Learn more about Thick Paint in the Corel Painter Help.