Preserve transparency in your video export for unique effect, or to use clips as overlays in future projects with Alpha Channel support. New in Pinnacle Studio 23, Alpha Channel support allows you to save tracks or entire projects with transparency for creative effect, or to create custom overlays!
This feature is extremely useful for users looking to identify themselves or their brand with custom starting or ending animations. Small business owners, social media influencers, and new Pinnacle Studio users alike can explore the new Alpha Channel support in Pinnacle Studio 23 for an easy way to introduce branding or other editing consistencies to any series of videos!
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section at the bottom of the page.
What’s New in Pinnacle Studio 25
Capture, Import and Export
Exporting a Track as an Alpha Channel Video
- After you create and edit your project that has transparent areas in the timeline of the Edit tab, click the Export tab.
- Set the Destination for your exported files by clicking the browse button and choosing a location.
- In the File Name box, type a file name. Ensure that the Same as Timeline checkbox is not marked.
- From the dropdown menus, moving from left to right, choose Format, then CineForm.
- From the Preset dropdown menu, choose an MOV option. You can customize the settings by clicking the Edit Preset button. You can then click the Save Preset button to save your custom settings as a new preset.
- To export only a section of the project, use the trim controls (Mark In and Mark Out) in the playback control area of the player window.
- Click Start Export to export your project.
Upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 25 Ultimate and explore exciting new features and enhancements like Smart Object Tracking, Blend Modes, enhanced Audio Editor, and more.