Creating a Table of Contents with PDF Bookmarksgilliandarby
This tutorial will show you how you can quickly create Tables of Contents and PDFs that include Bookmarks, by using Styles.
· Create a document with a few headings, like Introduction and Summary
· Click in the word ‘Introduction’
· In the Property Bar, click the Styles dropdown and select Heading 2
· Apply another Heading 2 to the word ‘Summary’
· Now save your file, and plant your cursor where you would like the Table of Contents to appear
· Click Tools / Reference / Table of Contents
· Click ‘Define’ to change the levels to ‘3’
· Click Generate
Your Table of Contents appears.
· Select File / Publish to PDF
· Click Settings / Document and make sure ‘Generate Hyperlinks’ is checked
Save your PDF and test the automatically created Bookmarks in the PDF file.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.