NEW Split Screen Videogilliandarby
By Discovery Center team
Impress yourself with the fun and sophistication you can add to your videos with new Split Screen video. Show multiple video streams on screen simultaneously and create impressive videos to share the highlights from a recent trip, event, or activity – the creative possibilities are limitless. Split the screen to add two video frames or create custom picture-in-picture effects. The options are endless when you’re in control of the layout. Drag and drop your videos into a range of templates, or create your own with the Split Screen template creator—exclusive to Ultimate. You’re in the driver’s seat, so take your viewers for a ride!
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.
Split Screen Video Templates
- In the Edit workspace, click the Instant Project button in the Library panel.
- Click Split Screen in the list of folders that appear.
- Drag the thumbnail for the template that you want to use into the Timeline.
- Drag a video or photo from the Library to the appropriate placeholder, and press Ctrl to replace the placeholder.
- In the Player panel, click the Resize/Crop drop-down , and click the Scale mode button . Do any of the following:
- Resize the selected clip by dragging the sizing orange nodes that appear in the preview window.
- Position the clip by dragging it in the preview window.
- In the Timeline, click another track to adjust the other clips in the template.
To create a split screen template (only in VideoStudio Ultimate)
- On the Timeline toolbar, click the Split Screen Template Creator button .
- In the Template Editor, choose a tool from the Splitting Tools panel, and drag in the editor window to split the area into different clip zones. A number appears in each clip zone. If you want to add a shape, in the Graphics area, click a shape and drag in the editor window.
- To adjust the lines and shapes, in the Splitting Tools panel, choose the corresponding Select tool , and select the element that you want to edit in the editor window. You can drag the lines and shapes to reposition them and resize them. You can also adjust the Rotation, Border Width, and Border Color in the Properties area.
- If you want to save content with your template (for example, an image or video that will be part of the template), navigate to the content you want to add and drag the corresponding thumbnail to the number you want in the drop zone.
- To replace the content, drag different content to the drop zone.
- Sizing and positioning of content can be done in the Timeline after you close the Template Creator window.
- When your template is complete, click the Export button, and save your template. Your template is saved in the Library to the Instant Project category, Split Screen folder.
- Click OK to return to the Timeline.
- Add and edit the clips as you would with an existing template.