Create a Star Wars Scrolling Text Crawlaaronbaltz
The slanted moving text of the Star Wars intro titles is an immediately recognizable effect. This tutorial will teach you how to use the titling tools in VideoStudio to recreate this classic Star Wars scrolling text from the opening sequence.
You will learn how to:
- Create a title.
- Add an effect to a title.
- Customize the title effect to mimic the Star Wars scrolling text.
How to Create a Star Wars Scrolling Text Effect
Creating a title
- Add the video to which you want to add the intro to the timeline.
- Click the Title button in the Library panel to display the title effects thumbnails.
- Click the fifth title thumbnail on the top line, and drag it to the Title track on the timeline.
- Double-click the Title track. A text box appears in the Preview window.
- Delete the sample text, and add your title text.
- Under the Preview window, select Project first and then click Play to preview the title. The text should scroll straight up the screen.
Adding Effects to a Title
1. Click the Filter button in the Library panel.
2. Drag the Picture-In-Picture filter onto the title on the Title track.
Customizing a Title Effect
- Click Options tab.
- Then click the Attributes tab.
- Click Customize Filter.
- In the NewBlue Picture-In Picture dialog box, move the timeline indicator to the start of the timeline.
- Uncheck the Use Keyframes option box.
- From the preset option thumbnails below the timeline, choose Reset to None.
- In the Picture area, set the type -60 in the Rotation X box.
- Click OK.
- You can change the color of the title by double-clicking the Title track, clicking the Color swatch in the Options panel, and choosing a new color.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.