Exporting Videos with Transparent Backgroundgilliandarby
VideoStudio 2019 introduces support to export video with Alpha Channel, or better known as with a transparent background. Create your own unique overlays and export motion graphics, masks, or text with a transparent background. Create your video on the overlay track and export to .MOV with alpha channel.
Saving a track as an alpha channel video
You can save animated titles or objects (such as logos) as video files that support transparency so that you can share and reuse the videos as overlays in other video projects. For example, if you create a series of videos, you can overlay the start of each video with custom animation that identifies you or your company as the creator of the series.
To export a track as an alpha channel video
- In the Share workspace, click the Computer button.
- Click MOV.
- From the Profile drop-list, choose one of the Alpha channel video profiles.
- In the File name box, type a file name.
- In the File location box, specify the location where you want to save the file.
- Set any of the following options:
- Create Preview Range Only — renders only the section of video that is selected between the Trim Markers in the Preview panel.
- Enable Smart Render — analyzes a video for any previously rendered sections and renders only the new or revised sections. This can reduce rendering time significantly.
- Enable Hardware Encoder Acceleration — can speed up processing by optimizing available hardware. Choose an option from the Type drop-down list (see other settings in Preferences > Performance > Hardware acceleration).
- In the Export Track drop-down list, choose the track that you want to export.
- Click Start. The exported video preserves any transparent areas.