How to Lighten Night PhotosJesse
Lightening up dark night photos is easy in PaintShop Pro, once you get to know how to use Fill Light/Clarity. In this tutorial you will learn how to brighten up your night photos with:
- Fill Light/Clarity
- Noise Removal
- Smart Photo Fix
Take a look at the difference in the before and after night photos below!
Welcome to this tutorial on how to lighten up dark photos in PaintShop Pro.
In this example I will demonstrate how easy it is to restore visibility to a dark photo. This is a common occurrence when photos taken at night with a flash are shot far away from the subject.
1. First, open the image in PaintShop Pro and make sure that the Editworkspace is active.
As you can see, it’s very difficult to make out what the image actually is; so let’s add some light and reveal the scene.
2. From the Adjust menu select Brightness and Contrast, and then Fill Light/Clarity.
3. Since the image was extremely dark, I’ll increase the Fill Light to 125 and the Clarity to 100.
4. Next, from the Adjust menu, select One Step Noise Removal; this will remove a lot of the grain commonly seen in dark photos after they’ve been brightened.
5. Lastly, from the Adjustmenu select Smart Photo Fix. These options will allow you to lighten the image a little more, as well as restore some of the color to the photo.
When you’re happy with the adjustments here, click OK to continue. That’s how easy it is to restore dark night photos in Corel PaintShop Pro.
Thanks for watching! We hope you found this tutorial helpful and we would love to hear your feedback in the Comments section below. And don’t forget to visit our social media pages and show us what you’ve learned by sharing your photos, videos and creative projects with us.